"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord." -2 Timothy 1:7-8

Monday, June 20, 2016

Season 14: Skyway B. Episode 1:I Love Working!

Elder Cardon and I right after we found out we were being companions.

Elder Graham, Wagstaff, and I at the training meeting last week. I will be missing them as they are heading out soon!


The Posterity of Elder Graham thus far.
Starting on left Elder Higgenson (son), Elder Graham (self), Elder Lyon (son), Elder Sumsion (son, his first born in the wilderness :D), Elder Jackson (grandson), and Elder Cardin (grandson). Not pictured are Elder Duncan, Meads, and Asper who are as well his grandsons.

Ties from all of my past companions thus far. Starting on the left Elder Graham, Buchanan, Wagstaff, Duncan, Meads, Asper, Jackson, Nelson, John, Murphy, and Rex.


The week has been great and I have been blessed with an amazing companion!

Elder Cardin is his name and he is from Bennett, Colorado. One of the funniest things is this area where we are serving in is compeletely different from what I grew up with in good 'ol happy valley, but for Elder Cardin its the same. He keeps on saying things like "This place looks just like where I am from except for there are more trees." Haha I love him a lot!

The work here in Skyway B is going well. We are working hard to find those who are prepared for the gospel. One of the biggest things we are striving to do is to find families! I have been praying and striving hard to find a family (with Gods help of course because I cant do it without Him). One of the things the Spirit prompted me that I could do as I was thinking about what more I could do was to fast for this blessing. So on Saturday at around 5:57pm I started a fast and about an hour later, God blessed us to run into a very prepared Chinese lady named Suezhen with a family! We are going by tonight to teach her more and some members are coming well. God definitely is one who hears our prayers! I was filled with gratitude because of this experience.

I know that God hears our prayers and that we should all communicate with Him and express the desires of our hearts often because he truly is our loving Heavenly Father.


-- 
Sincerely,
Elder Sumsion

"Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost." -Elder Kevin W. Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment