"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord." -2 Timothy 1:7-8

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Season 11: Skyway A. Episode 7:




3 generations of missionaries. Elder Graham my missionary "father" and Elder Jackson my missionary "son." This was at the mission devotional down in Graham on the 20th.
Dear Family, Friends, and those of you whom I have never met or eventually will (I am pretty sure that covered all my base's),

I am just soo grateful for life and being on a mission. Life is such a gift and I am grateful for the tender mercies of Heavenly Father. I practiced looking for things that He has done for me and it has been a huge blessing. I just feel very happy right now. I am happier. Not that I am simply choosing to be happier right now, but since last week I have become a happier person. 

2 weeks ago when we went to the Kubota Gardens my camera actually succumbed to gravity and went "the way of the ghost." Heavenly Father blessed me so much to find a new one for a wonderful deal for a camera! It just "happened" (quotation marks are to highlight that Heavenly Father was the architect behind that event) to be on sale when we decided to check out Fred Meyer to pick up something Elder John forgot to grab. It was such a blessing and I am grateful for that. 

Gratitude is actually a pretty big thing in Heavenly Fathers eyes. "And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments." D&C 59:21 In this sense when the word "confess" is used, it would mean to recognize and show gratitude for what He has done for you.  Show some gratitude by first recognizing what He has done for you and then thanking Him in your prayers. Showing more gratitude and recognizing His hand will help you become happier.

Love you see you! I am not getting transferred and staying another 6 weeks with Elder John.
Love you all! 


--
Sincerely,
Elder Sumsion

"Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost." -Elder Kevin W. Pearson


No comments:

Post a Comment