"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord." -2 Timothy 1:7-8

Monday, August 8, 2016

Season 15: Skyway B. Episode 2:



I thought it was a little sad with the orange one...


Hello Family and friends!

Hope things are going amazing and happy for you in this beautiful gift of a life and time we have all been given. Being alive and making righteous choices really does bring about the blessings of God!

The work is still progressing here in Skyway B. We still talk to lots and lots of people (in the best Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Vietnamese, and Cambodian we can muster :D ) and I am enjoying it! Here in Columbia City there was SeaFair that happened recently. I didn't even know it was a thing, but it gets pretty popular and the Blue Angels even fly around on a weekly show. So on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 1:15-2:15pm there were jets flying low and loud! That was exciting! We got some really great views because they close down all the air traffic and I-90 bridge for an hour and the Blue Angels don't have a height limit so that was an enjoyable event.

On Friday a painful sore throat and sheer exhaustion got to me and the mission nurse had me stay in for the day. That was a different day because I slept most of it! I am feeling much much better now and I am excited to continue the work! In the evening we went to a baptism in the ward of an investigator from Skyway A and afterwards started an exchange with Elder Rex and Elder Payne.

On Saturday I had a great day working hard and talking with many many people with Elder Rex. I love that Elder so much! He is an amazing example to me of diligence and exact obedience. One particular experience I had was when we were following up with one of their potentials Mike. His wife passed away recently and every time they had taught and talked about eternal families he always got to be interested so much more! So we stopped by to talk to him and he shared that he was good and wasn't interested in changing at all. He was comfortable with where he was at and just expressed the hope that it might work out one day for him where he can see his wife again.

I was saddened by that because he doesn't just have to hope that it will work out, but he can know and experience with a certainty that he will be with his wife again sealed and bound together for all eternity. We tried our best with persistence and love, but he still chose not too. As we were walking to the car I was reflecting on that experience and recognized that in my heart I was sad that he hadn't accepted this message, but I genuinely did hope that in a divine perfect plan that he would be able to be sealed to his wife and be together for eternity. I wasn't bitter that he chose not to learn more, but I really did have that desire and love for him to be with his wife. It was just a cool experience for me to recognize how The Lord has changed my heart throughout  my mission to more genuinely care for the people we see and work with.

Hope that all made sense! I don;t have much time to edit it.

I discovered a great video on defending our faith and believes in a Christlike manner. Its here in this link. I invite you to read the article and watch the video. Its great! 


Love you all!

--
Sincerely,
Elder Sumsion

"Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost." -Elder Kevin W. Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment