"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord." -2 Timothy 1:7-8

Monday, August 22, 2016

Season 15: Skyway B. Episode 4:Love Big and Hurt Big

This is Elder Northrup and I on the exchange Friday-Saturday​

Apparently one thing that happens for missionaries is writing who has been in the
 apartment on the back of picture frames. This is one in the Garrison Creek Elders apartments. Some of the Elders on their were serving before 2000 when the wrote their names on the
back of the frame 0.0

Howdy Howdy everyone!

This week has been swell! Not to many unique words to describe it other than hot and humid. Friday and Saturday were some really warm days, but nothing that occasional shade and LOTS of water cant solve. I love water :D

The lesson we had with the Shepherds went well. She committed to reading the Book of Mormon everyday, but we haven't been able to have to much communication with them since. We are scheduled to go by tomorrow and have a great member of the ward coming.

Sister Fabon is doing great. She came to the mission devotional last night in Auburn and is going to be teaching us about Tithing tonight. The mission devotional went really well. During choir practice on Monday I was as the back up conductor for the choir just incase she would have been still out of town yesterday for a funeral, but she made it back. Preparing to conduct a choir like that was intense, but I knew the Lord would assist me.

Last night we had dinner with Sister Beck and Sister Stevenson, senior missionaries in the ward. One of the things they had at dinner was mashed potatoes and gravy. It has been a long while since I have been able to have homemade mashed potatoes and gravy in a while and I ate a bunch. After eating all of the servings I got myself, I felt like my brother Lance and wanted to go lie down on the couch and moan. Then after some more room is available go back and eat some more :D (I didn't do that just so you know).

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting there was an amazing talk that really spoke to me. Throughout the talk the speaker really highlighted several aspects of feeling love and having our hearts grow. One of the things he said as he had continue growing and serving in the church that his heart and emotion have grown so much more for the members of the church. I have felt that in myself throughout the mission and I pray to experience it even more for everyone. There is a the phrase I have heard on my mission "You love big and you hurt big" (because you love them so much). I am more earnestly praying and pleading for that love, that Charity, and its making a difference in my missionary work. I am seeing the world with different eyes when I love the people.
It is amazing.

Love you all!

Sincerely,

Elder Sumsion

"Search the Book of Mormon and the words of the living prophets every day, every day, every day! It’s the key to spiritual survival and avoiding deception. Without it, we are spiritually lost." -Elder Kevin W. Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment